Happy 2016 Everyone! I just rounded out my first year, well half year, of blogging and decided to share my stats and goals.
In June of 2015 I decided to create a blog for all of my hobbies. I had previously owned my own business and managed a website and blog for years, but I wanted this to be different. A blog just for me, just for fun.
I started really strong posting three times per week and I felt I was doing great. I even got my first sponsored post not long after starting the blog. Then, I lost all my motivation for the blog out of nowhere. I still don’t know why I lost interest but I’m betting I was burnt out.
After a two month break, I came back to blogging in December and excited to dive more into blogging in 2016!
*New monthly review design. What do you think?*
2015 Top 7 Posts
- 5 Reasons Why I Love SMART THINGS – 453 Views – 8 Comments
- $2 Makeup Organization – 336 Views – 10 Comments
- How to Paint a Diamond Accent Wall – 152 Views – 18 Comments
- Master Bathroom Upgrade – On A Budget – 147 Views – 7 Comments
- The Plus Side of Having Your Own Domain – 142 Views – 6 Comments
- How to Refinish Kitchen Cabinets on a Budget – 135 Views – 30 Comments
- Home Made Fried Wontons from Scratch – 65 Views – 6 Comments
2015 Top Page
- Budgeting – 3067 Views – 2 Comments
- I started blogging!
- I earned $9 on an Izea post my second month blogging
- I transferred my blog from Blogger to WordPress.com
- I bought a domain and applied it to my site
- I increased my social following by 84%
- I posted to my blog 40 times
- I had over 4500 views in December.
- I was featured in Bloggers Spotlight with Modest Couponing Tips
2016 Social Following Goals
- Reach 500 Twitter Followers
- Reach 100 Facebook Likes
- Reach 50 Pinterest Followers
- Reach 50 BlogLovin’ Followers
- Reach 1000 Social Followers through all sites
2016 Blogging Goals
- Write 60 Blog Posts
- Maintain an average of at least 3 comments per post
- Create 2 guest blogger post/ be a guest blogger twice
- Reach 5000 blog views in one month
- Create a financial planning spreadsheet and have it available for download
- Create a media kit
- Create a work-with-me page
- Develop a strategy and begin executing to gain WordPress/email followers
- Create 2 YouTube videos
- Create 2 Posts about my eBook: Alex and John’s Scientific Adventures: The Big Explosion!
2016 Behind the Scenes Goals
- Research sponsors and their requirements
- Discover new ways to get viewers
- Prep to transfer to WordPress.org for 2017
- Regularly engage in Facebook blogging groups
- Participate in Linky Parties regularly
- Use Instagram and create photos for blog posts
- Use a blogging notebook for organization
- Create a standard logo/banner photo
1 3 61