Learn to make the perfect sourdough pizza crust in this easy step-by-step tutorial. Discover the secrets to achieving a crispy yet chewy texture with a delightful tangy flavor. Elevate your homemade pizzas to a whole new level with these tips and techniques. Join me and become a sourdough pizza crust master!
Sourdough Pizza Crust
- 250 g Sourdough Starter (1 1/4 c)
- 700 g Water (Scant 3 cups)
- 20 g Salt (4 tsp)
- 60 g Olive Oil (1/4 c)
- 1000 g Flour (4 cups)
- Corn Meal (For dusting)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees with a pizza stone inside (optional but preferred)
- Mix starter and water together until starter is fully dissolved.
- Add salt and olive oil and mix again.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Let dough rest for one hour (Autolyze)
- Do stretch and folds every 30 minutes for 2 hours
- Let dough rest until it has risen to double the size.
- Separate dough into any sized pizza. Dough makes 4 large pizzas or many smaller ones.
- Stretch dough out to be the desired pizza size (using extra flour as needed)
- Slide dough onto the pizza stone until par-baked. 3-5 minutes
- Place the par-baked pizza dough onto a cooling rack
- Add any desired toppings then pop back into the oven to finish cooking. Or freeze to enjoy later.
- Use the air fryer or regular oven to bake from frozen.