This recipe comes from the ‘Beef it’s What’s For Dinner: Thirty Meals in 30 Minutes’ recipe book.
I’m a big fan of cute appetizers but I always find that when it comes time to host a party I don’t want to try anything new just in case it doesn’t turn out. Because of that, every so often, I made little appetizer sized lunches to try out new things.
This has been one of my favorite recipes because it’s so easy and tastes delicious.
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 can mild green chilies
- 16 cubes of Cheese (1/2″)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups crushed nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips
- 6 tablespoons thick taco sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Combine beef, taco seasoning and chilies. (I left out the chilies)
- Divide the mixture into 16 portions and set aside.
- Cut 16 cubes of cheese
- Wrap each portion around a cube of cheese
- Beat an egg white into a bowl (I used the whole egg)
- Dip the meatball into the egg and fully coat then press the meatball into the chips (I used Spicy Nacho Doritos).
- Place the meatballs on a greased baking pan and cook for 15 – 20 minutes. (Be careful to watch as it gets close. The cheese all melted out a bit too much for me)
- Combine the sauce ingredients into a bowl for serving.
These would be the perfect appetizer to make on game night. They look delicious.
Hubby is going to love these. Great idea.
Yum! These sound great. Perfect party food! Pinning!
What a delicious and unique appetizer idea!
Who would have thought!! Great little appetizer!!