This recipe comes from the ‘Beef it’s What’s For Dinner: Thirty Meals in 30 Minutes’ recipe book.
I’m a big fan of cute appetizers but I always find that when it comes time to host a party I don’t want to try anything new just in case it doesn’t turn out. Because of that, every so often, I made little appetizer sized lunches to try out new things.
This has been one of my favorite recipes because it’s so easy and tastes delicious.
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 can mild green chilies
- 16 cubes of Cheese (1/2″)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups crushed nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips
- 6 tablespoons thick taco sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Combine beef, taco seasoning and chilies. (I left out the chilies)
- Divide the mixture into 16 portions and set aside.
- Cut 16 cubes of cheese
- Wrap each portion around a cube of cheese
- Beat an egg white into a bowl (I used the whole egg)
- Dip the meatball into the egg and fully coat then press the meatball into the chips (I used Spicy Nacho Doritos).
- Place the meatballs on a greased baking pan and cook for 15 – 20 minutes. (Be careful to watch as it gets close. The cheese all melted out a bit too much for me)
- Combine the sauce ingredients into a bowl for serving.
84 55 90 69