This is one of my favorite easy five ingredient meals!
Coconut Milk – Canned
Five Spice Powder
*Base your quantities of chicken, rice, and coconut milk on how many people you have for the meal. If you have over three large chicken breasts, I’d suggest using two cans of coconut milk, otherwise, using one would be plenty.
1. Slice the chicken into your desired shape and size. I prefer skinny strips for this meal,
2. Cook the chicken in a skillet without any spices.
3. Prepare the rice.
4. Heat the coconut milk in a shallow pot/pan until boiling.
5. Add the spices to taste. The original recipe I used years ago called for 2 tablespoons of each which I found was not enough. Remember, you can always add spice but you can never take it out.
6. Let the sauce mixture simmer until it cooks down a bit then add the chicken. You can add the sauce to the chicken but I find it’s easier to add the chicken to the sauce that way the I don’t spill.
Bringing it all Together
7. Add rice to a plate or bowl and top with the chicken and sauce mixture. Enjoy!
Do you have any suggestions for this meal? I leave out ginger because it’s not something I typically have in my house.
Like what you’ve seen so far?
Join the mailing list to be the first to know when a new post is published!
Wondering how to Say Goodbye to Living Paycheck to Paycheck? New posts to the series on the last Saturday of every month!