As part of my September savings, I gathered up some ingredients I had stocked in my pantry and set out to make something I never had before. Soup.
So here it goes. OK…something else I really don’t do is line all of my ingredients up for a picture but since photos are the rage on these blog posts I thought I’d try it and of course, I screwed it up! See that vinegar in the photo? It said ‘red wine’ on it so I grabbed it. Surely though, I needed the cooking wine, not the red wine vinegar. The photo of the cooking wine I used is beside. Sigh. haha
1 – Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup
1 – Cream of Asparagus Condensed Soup
1 – Can of shredded crab meat
2.5c – Milk
1/2 – Stick of Butter
1/2 – Red Onion
3 T – Cooking Wine
1. Melt the butter and saute the onions.
2. Add some cooking sherry (about a tablespoon or so)
3. Add both cans of soup and stir until heated
4. Add the milk slowly (I did 1/3 at a time and let the mixture return to boil each time)
5. Add the crab meat and bring the mixture to a simmer.
6. Perform taste test. 🙂 I added more cooking wine at this point and then let the mixture simmer for a few minutes so the flavors would combine nicely.
7. Serve as desired. I added some parsley for the opening picture.
Like what you’ve seen so far?
Join the mailing list to be the first to know when a new post is published!