Welcome back! Today’s post is a very simple but helpful one! Have you ever asked yourself this question?
What do I do with all these potatoes?
I have. What to do after the potatoes start to go bad. Usually, my answer is to make gnocci. Sometimes though, I already have a freezer full of gnocci. Thus, freezer double baked potatoes.
Potatoes can be frozen if they are completely coated in dairy. So while not the most healthy, these sides are very delicious.
What to do
- Bake the potatoes as you normally would
- Let the potatoes cool completely.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop the insides into a bowl. Keep the outer edge to re-stuff. (Don’t worry if some tear apart. You will still have enough with the ones that make it)
- Add your desired ingredients to the bowl making sure every bit of potato is completely covered in dairy. (ingredient examples: sour cream, cheese, bacon bits, green onions)
- Scoop the mixture back into the skins.
- Add paprika if desired.
- Freeze (picture above shows potatoes at this stage)
- When desired, take out of the freezer and bake them one more time.