This is the first year that I tried my hand at gardening. I saw a post showing how to regrow scallions and I decided to try it out. After buying a bundle at the grocery store last May, I’ve been regrowing the scallions ever since!
I found a recipe that was just about what I was looking for and substituted out quite a few ingredients. The only thing that I didn’t consider was the quantity. The batch was huge! It filled up one 12 cupcake tray, one 24 mini-muffin tray, and one tortilla tray.
I also made some basil butter to put on the cornbread. Post coming soon!
Garden Scallion and Cheddar Cornbread
- 1 1/2 cups flower
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/3 cup scallions
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a second bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients slowly.
- Fold in half of the cheddar and scallions.
- Pour the batter into any greased pans and top with the remaining cheddar and scallions.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean